Give me chocolate Part 1
“Valentine's day is.....”
Kagami began to explain as her little sister Tama continued to squeeze. She seemed eager to return to her reading and not have to deal with the interruption
“It's a day celebrated all over the world, but mostly in the Christian areas. It's said to be the holiday of the Roman God Juno."
“So it’s Juno,” Tsurugi said to herself.
“In the Greek mythology, it was probably Hera. Mostly known for her deep jealousy and gruesomely murders those her husband cheated on her with, but now that you mention it, she was the God of household and marriage.”
“It seems the word “Valentine” originated from the Saint Valentinus,” Kagami continued, referencing more and more recorded data. “The Roman Empire back then began to believe things such as 'soldiers morale drops if they fall in love,' and made a law that would prevent marriage. Being a saint, Valentinus felt mercy for those soldiers who had their love taken away from them. He started helping them marry in secrecy, and was captured- and was executed. February 14th was when that Saint Valentinus met his fate, and is the day we pay our respect.”
Kagami began to explain as her little sister Tama continued to squeeze. She seemed eager to return to her reading and not have to deal with the interruption
“It's a day celebrated all over the world, but mostly in the Christian areas. It's said to be the holiday of the Roman God Juno."
“So it’s Juno,” Tsurugi said to herself.
“In the Greek mythology, it was probably Hera. Mostly known for her deep jealousy and gruesomely murders those her husband cheated on her with, but now that you mention it, she was the God of household and marriage.”
“It seems the word “Valentine” originated from the Saint Valentinus,” Kagami continued, referencing more and more recorded data. “The Roman Empire back then began to believe things such as 'soldiers morale drops if they fall in love,' and made a law that would prevent marriage. Being a saint, Valentinus felt mercy for those soldiers who had their love taken away from them. He started helping them marry in secrecy, and was captured- and was executed. February 14th was when that Saint Valentinus met his fate, and is the day we pay our respect.”
“Umm..... Umm......”
As she became more and more confused by her sister's story, Tama began to chew on Kagami’s hair, (she’s just like an animal) and started to murmur.
“But, Umm, my classmate Nozomi-chan said-”
She grabbed at Kagami’s cheeks, blushing.
“On Barentine, l-l-l, you’re supposed to confess to the person you like she said.....”
“Ooh, that is the custom in Japan.”
Kagami shoved her hand into Tama’s face, annoyed by her behavior.
“Ishishishishii, Tama is already at the age to start worrying about stuff like that.”
Seeming unusually happy, Tsurugi moved each foot back and forth (by the way, Tsurugi has bad manners, so she is sitting on the desk cross legged. Whether she is empty handed, she looks like she could be playing cellular games any moment now.)”
“I like it, Valentine’s”
“Funyah, that’s surprising.”
“It’s because out of the countless events during the year, it lines up with Christmas for the ease of ero events to occur!”
“Nee-san’s viewpoint is corrupted.”
Tsurugi was unfazed by Kagami’s disgusted glare.
“Well, without a cue like this, it’s way too embarrassing to confess. Most people are busy with this and that and don’t have the courage to do something out of the ordinary like confessing outright. Without events to encourage them like this, kids that have no experience with love have no idea what to do.”
“I’m not interested so I don’t even care”
“Haruu, Haruu”
Kagami was more and more indulged in her reading, and Tama was still nervously reacting to the word, “love.”
“Thanks to that, every year, on this day, the whole school is uneasy and won’t calm down. To make it worse, my co-workers give me this pointless glare. Does receiving chocolates from me make you happy? Those lolicon bastards! My wallet would go empty if I handed chocolates out to everyone. As if things aren’t bad to begin with, our source of income is only from my salary, and on top of that, I have to support two others.”
Now that you mention it, the three Yagami sisters younger two siblings are still students, and Tsurugi is the only grown-up.
She was getting annoyed, and was close to kicking Onii-chan, but then Tsurugi lazily lay down on the desk.
“Tama didn’t know about Valentine’s day so probably didn't, but did you pass out any chocolates, Kagami? Even if it’s peer chocolates, your popularity might rise with the boys and your life would get easier? Like being helped if you have to carry heavy things.....”
Kagami didn’t even change her expression.
“Funyah. If you compare the time it takes to prepare the chocolates, and the favors you’ll receive from the boys, the cons outweigh the pros. Even if they didn't, I don’t even have friends of the same gender and I’m mostly unnoticeable, so speaking with boys and giving them chocolates is definitely impossible.”
“Try to enjoy your youth a bit more.....”
Tsurugi was a little shocked, and a bit worried.
“That reminds me, I haven’t seen you speak to anyone besides us at school. Wait, what about Tsukuyomi? Have you given him any chocolates? Even you, who lacks social skills, has friendly conversations with him.”
“Huh?”
Kagami’s voice got a little excited.
“I- I don’t understand. I don’t even get along with sensei. It’s just that sensei is too familiar. He’s illogical.”
“You don’t have to deny something like it so quickly.....”
Confused, Tsurugi put her hands on her hips and sighed in relief.
“I see, Kagami didn’t give any huh..... Tama of course didn’t prepare any chocolates, and of course the other girls didn’t approach Tsukuyomi huh, so..... ehehe”
“Um, Tsurugi-sensei”
With a puzzled look, Onii-chan, who had been listening to the Kagami sister’s conversation, timidly rose his hand.
“I still don’t understand the connection of “the day to confess love” and “chocolate”..... In other words, what kind of event is Valentine’s? Speaking of which, today the smell was here and there.....” [Not sure what the last sentence is trying to say]
“Is it possible you didn’t even know what it was?”
Tsurugi was stunned.
“To think that Tama’s teacher is unusually out of touch with common sense..... Were you living under a rock?”
“.....”
“Let me tell you, there's some proper etiquette associated with Valentine's day.”
Ignoring the surprisingly silent Onii-chan, Tsurugi proudly spoke.
“For the basics, girls give to boys chocolates, while confessing their love. Those who are street smart might spread a bunch out, and some girls apparently give each other some for proof of their friendship. Of course, boys giving chocolate to girls isn't unheard of. Well, it’s a day to give your loved ones chocolate.”
“Ooh, is that why Tsurugi-sensei gave me the chocolate kilfi?”
“Wha!? No way, don’t get the wrong idea, limp-d*ck!! D-don’t get ahead of yourself. That’s just what was left over, baaa-ka!!”
“Whatever the case, in the end the chocolate kilfi was taken away by the other teachers.”
“Retrieve the love.”
“Instead I got a chocolate stick, so I’m satisfied~”
While those two were having a conversation like that, elsewhere, I was relieved.
I see, Onii-chan didn’t know about Valentine’s.
That’s why in the morning, when I unusually gave him a “obento,” he treated it like nothing.
It wasn’t that he wasn’t expecting anything, or that he didn’t like me; it was because he didn’t know what it was- because he didn’t even think of what it was, that’s why he gave away the “obento” while starving.
No wonder.
“But Tsurugi-sensei, I was wondering about something. The chocolate, is it something that you have to give by today?”
“Huh? Yeaa, because Valentine’s day is today. It’s not right to give it on a different day, it just doesn’t feel right. What about it?”
“I, I, haven’t received any from Sasami-san yet.....”
Onii-chan was trembling.
“That can’t be- it’s a lie..... It can’t be.....! Sasami-san unlike me, knows common sense, so of course knows about Valentine’s day. Yet, the fact that she hasn’t given me chocolates yet..... That can’t be, I was supposed to be loved by Sasami-san.....”
Well, I did give you some.
Onii-chan just didn’t notice.
“I see, probably something like before supper, while turning her cheeks red and wearing something like a maid outfit, “I love Onii-chan☆” and give it to me by hand.....”
I’m not wearing any maid outfit.
Also, I’ve never said “I love Onii-chan☆”.
“Wait, Sasami-san is a hikikomori, so she can’t buy chocolates, right? Aah, I’ve solved the puzzle! Sasami-san wanted to buy chocolates so badly, but couldn’t buy any and is probably having thoughts of regret!”
In this world, there’s something useful called “online shopping”, Onii-chan.....
While I was being stunned, Onii-chan stood up violently.
“I can’t be like this! I’ve got to buy a bunch of chocolates right away.”
“What? Right now?”
Tsurugi got flushed with red.
“Ba, you're a baka Tsukuyomi. You moron! The day to repay a girl for Valentine’s is next month: March fourteenth..... you're supposed to give them back on White day.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Day) You don’t have to buy chocolates right away and say 'I like you too Tsurugi-sensei!'”
“Nee-san, Sensei didn’t even say that he was going to give you chocolates.”
Kagami looked up at Onii-chan who was fixing his collar.
“But Sensei, Nee-san said before in this country Valentine’s day is usually done by girls giving chocolates to boys? Then there’s no need to for sensei to give anyone chocolates today. But, if you give me some, I might even accept it.....”
“He didn’t say he’d give any to you either, Kagami.”
Tsurugi and Kagami were glaring at each other.
Seeing her bigger sisters acting so strangely, Tama grabbed at Onii-chan’s clothes.
“U, umm, Paparinn.”
Because Onii-chan was taller than Tama, she had to look up.
She was shaking.
“One thing, I want to ask. In the morning, Paparinn, gave chocorates to Tama right? Y-you're supposed to give them to someone you like, right? Giving the chocorate was so that Paparinn could....to Tama..... that’s why, Nnguu”
“.....?”
Stuttering uncontrollably, Tama asked, a bit insecurely.
“Does Paparinn like Tama?”
It seems Onii-chan can’t even sense the complexity of a girl’s mind. He tilted his head in wonder, confused by such a straightforward question.
“Of course! I love Tama-san!”
I couldn't tell whether it was the same “like” he used towards me, or the “like” towards those of the opposite sex. Well, putting that aside,
“Howaa”
Tama was flustered, and staggered as she lost her stance, and squeezed Kagami as she clung on to her.
“Howawawawaa....”
Squeeze Squeeze. Ruffle Ruffle.
“P,psst”
Without even noticing Kagami banging on the desk, and screaming, “give give, give u-p!”, Tama whispered to Onii-chan with her pure heart
“Tama too”
Her ears were even red.
“I love..... Paparinn”
“Thank you very much! (arigatou gozaimasu!)”
Gazing at Onii-chan who was in his normal state of happiness, at Tama who was in a weird state, and at Kagami who was dying, Tsurugi seemed uncertain.
“Hey, Tama, what’s this about? Why did you guys relation progress this much, that’s what I want to ask. Explain to Onee-san in detail. I won’t get angry.”
“Yeah, umm, Tsurugi-nee!”
Returning to her innocent self, she put her hands up happily
“This morning like, Tama like, got chocorates from Paparinn!”
“What did you say!?”
Tsurugi pounced like a cat, She grabbed on to Onii-chan, and ruffed up that hair of his. Her movements were like a monster.
“You bastard, even though it’s just my sister, don’t send her signals! Giving chocolates to Tama!? Wasting all the events that you were saving with me, little by little up until now, and “I can’t pick anyone~ I love everyone!” You were planning to have a harem ending like that weren’t you?”
“Wha? That can’t be!? My life is a straight path of Sasami-san.”
“You idiot! In reality, if you’re going through the route of my little sister, you're gonna get a bad ending - getting arrested!!”
Please don’t speak with eroge language.
Tsurugi squeezed Onii-chan, and, while still attached to him, she looked back and pointed a finger towards Tama.
“Actually, a boy giving chocolates to a girl is wrong. Wait a minute, Tama. He gave them to you this morning right? In the morning this guy didn’t even know what Valentine's day was! That means the chocolate you got had no meaning! Don’t get fooled!”
Tama was dazed, but soon enough innocently giggled.
“----- Still, Tama was still happy”
@ @ @
Even though it’s just Onii-chan, he’s getting involved in a romantic-comedy situation.
Anyway.
“Oof.....”
I took off my “Onii-chan spy tool,” and stretched.
As expected, having it on for a while makes things steamy, hot, and makes my shoulder cramp.
I fell sideways and sprawled across the chair. Putting in my eyedrops, and I closed my eyes for a while.
“Good, good”
Involuntarily, I was relieved, and that made me a bit .
But, it was still good.
Onii-chan just didn’t know what Valentine’s day was.
That’s why he didn’t understand what was in the “obento” this morning.
Onii-chan did actually love me the most in the world, and only Onii-chan prioritized me the most and loved me.
It was probably unhealthy to be spoiled and indulged to that level.
“.....”
I brought myself up, and fixed myself towards the computer again.
I still couldn’t suppress my loose lips that were grinning.
“To start over, I wonder if I should go buy chocolates.”
The more the hikikomori(staying inside, not the noun), the more you talk to yourself.
“Being brave is going to be so troublesome. However, now that Onii-chan knows what Valentine’s day is, he’ll be annoying if he doesn’t receive any. If I tell him the thing from this morning is chocolate, that’s a little problematic. I’d love to see him say, 'by all means please give me some chocolate Sasami-san!', while bowing down, and I’ll say 'it can’t be helped, Onii-chan you d*ck-weed!' I’ll bless him like that~something like that.....”
I move to the online shopping website under “Favorites,” and click my mouse.
And I jump to “Food” “Sweets” “Chocolates.”
It was the Valentine’s day edition so there were different types of chocolates.
The price didn’t have to be too expensive, even though our house had plenty of money. The ones that are expensive just have more chocolate..... he can’t possibly just eat it all by himself. It should be a smaller one, but not something that looks cheap.
I clicked here and there while thinking things like that.
Online shopping is useful, and, as a hikikomori, I could only use this, but it bothered me that I couldn’t see the product in my own hand.
If it’s food, there's no way to tell how it tastes without buying it.....
“Wait a sec, if I buy it will it arrive today.....?”
I looked at the time on my computer, and it was five in the afternoon.
“If I get rushed delivery it would barely make it- but I use it so much, so they should send a helicopter or something and deliver it swiftly. With a name like Kamen Rider(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider) you should be the ally of good children.”
While grumbling complaints at the website, the “Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought”
a recommendation like that caught my eye.
During Valentine’s, whenever maidens who are in love buy lots of chocolates, related products show up there.
I noticed the newest issue of a shoujo manga magazine there.
“Oh, this came out with a new issue.....but the last issue the ending wasn’t really my type. To be honest they were just dragging the plot on. I was unsatisfied- If it's still like that, I should wait and see about buying it......”
Even after saying something bossy, I check out the “this issue's plot” on the website for the manga(It’s Love, Therefore it’s Spicy.)
Then, I was.....appalled.
“This issue’s plot: Even though they love each other, they couldn’t be honest and the two are fighting. However, after seeing Misako’s tears, Takuya apologizes for his attitude up until now, and strives to be a first-class chocolate chef. Chocolate is everything. Chocolate is wonderful. Misako doesn’t even matter anymore. A shocking development!!”
“That’s a development that’s too shocking!!”
I screamed without thinking.
Chocolate had nothing to do with the series up until now!? What is this!? Even though it was a romance manga set in a normal high school and a bit of mystery because of fortune telling, why did Takuya end up deciding to become a chocolate chef!? In the last issue, you were saying something like, “sorry, I'm not interested in anything but soccer”!! I don’t understand!!
Looking more closely I noticed the title went from “The Angels’ love,” to “The Angel’s Love and Chocolate.” Where did the chocolate come from!?
“Huh? Huh?”
Maybe I had mistaken it for another manga.....? But the characters had the same name..... As I was thinking, I idly clicked on the related product, I realized the odd trend.
“What.....it this.....?”
In the other manga and the synopsis of the story, that word that was thrown in unnaturally.
The Anime version decided! With the school festival approaching, the love and chocolate of the two progress further and further..... An action-packed battle of swords, magic, and chocolate!!..... This story contains a radical copycat and chocolate!!
In every work, the letters c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e appeared.
While searching these, I found an extraordinary one.
This tale is about a chocolate who chocochocoes a choco who is polluted with choco, a painful romance story! To each other they choco it up and the chocoed up two are chocolate!”
I couldn’t even understand the meaning.
“What kind of-- because it’s Valentine’s day, some sort of....it’s probably some sort of plan, and as a joke by doing something like this.....?It’ll be back to normal by tomorrow-- something like that? But I've never heard of doing some thing so stup..... hu, huh?”
My screen went dark.
Nothing was displayed, and my battery wasn’t dead, but the screen. was blacked out.
My dumbfounded expression was reflected in the black screen.
“What? the computer broke!? That's a lie!”
Scared, I move my mouse and keyboard, but there was no reaction.
“It can’t be-- this took so much time and money to build.....”
I who was worrying about those kind of things, was probably too carefree.
The alterations were already cracking my everyday life to the point that it can’t be fixed, and I should have been able to guess, but I pretended not to look, I pretended not to realize, just kept on getting hit by the “strangeness.”
I should have realized the position I was in, I should have took action with this and that.
In other words, even though I should have tried my best.
I did not try my best.
I stayed indoors and was fawned by Onii-chan, I lived lazily.
However, it's terrible to be punished for that reason.
chocolate...
“Hm?”
Suddenly, the words flowed from the black screen, like that of a screen saver.
It was for a moment, so I thought I was mistaken.
Soon I realized.
This this couldn't be someone's prank. There's no way that explanation could be correct - it must exactly be the strangeness, already altering my reality.
The words covered my computer screen like a swarm of bugs.
give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate
give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate
give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate
give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate
give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate
give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate
give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate
give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate
give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate
give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate
give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate
give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate give me chocolate
give me chocolate give me chocolate ...
“KYA.....”
A hideous chill surrounded me, without thinking I leaped back.
“KYAAAA!?”
At the same time from the computer’s screen something unidentifiable and deep black, somewhere between a liquid and a solid gushed out-- I was squashed, and lost my consciousness.....
Translator: Katsura
Editor: Carlothan
Co-Edit and QC: Editor-kun
Editor: Carlothan
Co-Edit and QC: Editor-kun
Hi there, I just wanted to thank you for translating this and to tell you that chapter 6 and 7 are already translated by someone else [http://dreadfuldecoding.blogspot.nl/search/label/Sasami-san]. I thought it'd be nice if you knew before you end up translating something double.
ReplyDelete