Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Chaper 6


Give me Chocolate Part 2

Just like that, I became unconscious-
Things probably went this way, but I don't know for sure.
If it's hard to believe, and doesn't make any sense, it's because I may invented have part of it, and, frankly, I don't want to believe it myself.

@ @ @




“This is troubling.....”
Onii-chan was wandering Yaorozuya, the huge grocery store in Amenonuboko,
He was probably going to go straight home afterward, but he clumsily loitered while still covering his face with his suitcase.
Yaorozuya had an unnecessarily large area and complicated structure reminiscent of a foreign movie (the kind where you would escape when attacked by zombies). The products you want were hard to find, and it had a bad reputation among the residents.
The owner was running across the shiny floors with roller skates.
“Ooh, I didn’t know--.”
Onii-chan looked around, and sighed.
The shelf with goods seemed to continue on to the end of the horizon.
“If this was the food products section, that’d be one thing. But this is supposed to be the electronics section.....”
It seemed like Onii-chan remembered my words. “If you’re going to “Yaorozuya”, could you buy lots of printer paper as well?”
“The new chocolates have a lot of variety.”
Anyway, all around Onii-chan was a sweet scent.
It was most likely the floor for computer supplies.
Mouse and keyboards, software and computers. They even sold motherboards for making your own computer. It was a pretty earnest place, but--
All those products were made of chocolate.
“Ooh, even the fine details are well made.”
Onii-chan admired the laptop.
Everything was brown, from the small mouse to the keyboard; even the whole screen,
The internal structure was even reproduced in chocolate, and it seemed to accurately function just like a computer. Onii-chan moved the mouse and clicked on a icon, and an image flowed inside the screen.
A chocolate human said, “today’s whether is choco and partly white choco, by the way chocochoco.....,” like something straight out of a hallucination.
Obviously an impossible event was occurring, but Onii-chan couldn't recognize the change.
Those who realize “there is something wrong,” like me are in the minority.
Without most people noticing anything, even the laws of physics and history have been changed.
--That’s the “world’s alteration”
People other than “those of a higher order”, like me or the Yagami sisters, don’t even notice the world’s change and they accept it without even the slightest discomfort.
You strangely adapt, carrying the daily daily routine you had up until now.

“I'll buy a lot of chocolate, and present it to Sasami-san, and she'll replay 'I can’t eat this much. Here, I’ll give some to you, Onii-chan! D-don’t misinterpret it! I just don’t want to eat too much and get fat!' Something tsundere like that..... If I do that I can legally get chocolates from Sasami-san! Ufufufu!”
Onii-chan mumbled poor things like that, wobbling unsteadily on his feet.
“However, with this many types of chocolate I’ll get bewildered..... which should I buy-- aah, which one will make Samsami-san rejoice the most if I buy it for her, I’m so troubled..... aah--”
Onii-chan wavered indecisively. He wouldn’t be back home for a while.

@ @ @

The fact that the world was weird, of course, the Yagami sisters perceived.
They are, in many different meanings, are not normal beings.
I did notice it vaguely, but up until this “Valentine’s tragedy” incident, indeed I didn't not notice that it was a presence so absurd.
We were not just “strange people.”
If you say it strictly, we probably weren’t even “people.”
It’s not like I completely understand the “change”, or about the Yagami sisters.
That’s why, a slacker like me is unusually giving some thought to them, doing things like investigating and inquiring to make a report,
“Hmm.....”

The room of “The maker’s association.”
Tsurugi was rudely lying down on the desk, face buried in the screen of the portable game, while a girl with peach colored hair replied, “sorry..... I just want to be friends with Tsurugi-kun for now” with confused and teary eyes. Seeing that, she sighed.
Turning off the game device, she threw it, and mumbled that it was a pain.
“What should I do.....”
“I don't like the idea of leaving it alone too much.”
Kagami closed the (is that interesting?) book “History of gas furnace~ The skill of controlling propane gas and butane gas”, and rubbed her eyes.
She yawned, “funyaa.”
“An 'alteration' this big in scale....Out of those since we started observing Tsukiyomi Kamiomi-- this is the biggest in scale. The whole world will turn into chocolate if the 'alteration' continues at this rate.....”
With a machine-like 'ticktick' sound, Kagami’s pupils illuminated a bit.
“By seven o'clock, all of Japan will probably chocolate.”
“All of Japan? This isn’t the type the reaches overseas, is it?”
“Mhm. Amaterasu is only the “Supreme God” of Japan. I think the other country's “Gods” will neatly protect them. The nation named Japan, its land, its region, and what its people “recognize as Japan,” will be the range for the 'alteration'.”
“Now that you mention it, the scale is way too big, and there were way too few signs. If you consider the range of the 'alteration'...As I thought, the cause must be “Amaterasu”- wait, that's wrong. The source of the 'alteration' must be “those gods of Yaorozuya who service Amaterasu.”
“Umm, umm”
Tama, left behind, raised her hand with a troubled face.
“W-what’s happening? Don’t leave Tama out! Waa!”
Tsurugi sighed at Tama, who was about to cry.
“Oh, you still can’t distinguish the 'alteration' Compared to the Kagami who can save and compare the “world that should be,” and me who can judge with the rule of thumb, your sense of the 'alteration' is a bit slow- well, that’s okay. I’ll explain later, so be a good child for a bit.
“Mhm! Tama, will be a good child!”
Tama energetically nodded, but then she sat in a seiza* for some reason on her chair quietly.
Staring at it amazed, Tsurugi leaped off the desk and landed lightly.
“It feels like an 'alteration' that will back if you leave it alone..... if by any chance the gods don’t get a satisfied result, the "alteration" might accelerate or change its nature- thinking from the scale, there’s no telling when it will trouble other countries. Even though its troublesome, before getting help from the gods overseas, let’s solve it.
“Funyah”
Kagami widened her eyes.
“It’s rare that Nee-san is moving so actively. “
“I don’t want to lend a hand unless I have to, because it’s something the gods are doing as they like- but if it’s a 'alteration' that is this big in scale, I don’t know what problems will arise if I leave it alone. Because even the laws of physics change, I think it won’t be that easy for it to become 'the end of the world' .....”
From the cleaning storage of the “Maker’s club,” Tsurugi got out a long, scarlet cloth bag.
She squeezed it with one hand and headed towards the room’s exit.
“It’s pretty stupid. I’ve never seen a more moronic 'alteration'. Although the humans had their recognition changed and don’t think anything of it, I, who can distinguish the 'alteration', don’t feel like I can adapt to a world filled with chocolate.
Then she beckoned her little sisters.
“Come on, let’s go, Kagami, Tama. This time there’s no need to think too hard; it’s something like an accident..... let’s finish this quickly.”
“But- is it possible?”
Even though Kagami seemed afraid, she walked towards her Onee-san.
“The phenomenon is moronic, but the scale is so huge. Even though it’s us, would we be able to solve it......?”
“Well I did make a plan, so we will be all right. Trust your Onee-chan. Here, what are you doing Tama? Hurry up and come here.”
“F, feet are..... paralyzed.....”
Because she sat in seiza for no reason, unfortunate things happened to Tama.
She joined them, stumbling, and Tsurugi grabbed the door handle
“Before plunging into the midst of the 'alteration' I’ll tell the plan simply.”
Muttering that she wasn’t thinking about the Anywh*re door~♪,** or things that were copyrighted, Tsurugi wrote something like a spell with a red permanent marker on the door handle.
“Only this time, there shouldn’t be a job for Kagami. Unlike small scale 'alterations' or humans, a “strangeness” this strong isn’t meant for Kagami. I’ll make Tama do a lot of work. You-are you hungry?”
“My stomach~ and back~ might stick together♪***
Tama raised her hand with all her power.
“The obentou for lunch, it was the chocolate from Paparinn, but the whole class ate most of it-dao! That’s why Tama’s stomach is empty.”
“Is that so? Then be glad..... you’ll be able to eat to your heart’s content.”
Tsurugi saying that, laughed, “ishishishishi”.

@ @ @

After the strategy meeting(?), Tsurugi opened the door with ease.
That door in Konohanasakuya academy was supposed to be the plain old door of the “Maker’s Club”, but as if they jumped through time and space, they stepped into the outdoors.
A mostly chocolafied, brown world.
There was apparently white chocolate, and strawberry chocolate, but the great majority was regular chocolate.
It looked as if someone had covered it brown tape. That simple common residential area- my neighborhood- was changing into a cocoa material sweet.
Even though it was Valentine’s day, I still question if it was appropriate or not.
Everything was chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.
The road, the signs, the guard rails too, the passenger cars, the bicycles, the vending machines, the houses that were lined up, the apartments, and even the individual leaves of the trees.
“It really is odd when you see it with your own eyes.....”
Tsurugi crouched, and picked up a empty can on the floor. Something incomprehensible like“Chocolate Cola/ Ingredients/ Contents: 500ml chocolate,” that was written on it.
If you look at the sky, even the clouds were chocolate. How were they even floating?
“Howawawawa.....☆☆☆”
Tamra’s eyes shined.
“Is this all chocorate? Yaaay, Tama is like, umm like, loves chocorate☆ heyhey, Tsurugi-nee! Can I eat it? I might not be able to eat dinner! Choco, choco, chocorate~☆☆ The sweet chocorate that melts in your mouth~☆☆☆”
To the Tama singing, the amazed Tsurugi starred.
“You’re lucky that you’re carefree..... but it became all chocolate. I once admired the house made of candy of “Hansel and Gretel”, when in reality you lose your appetite..... I can’t eat this much if it’s just chocolate.”
She walked down the soft chocolate road in her slippers.
“Tsukuyomi’s home is that right?”
The destination Tsurugi pointed to was the house Onii-chan and Ilived.
Even this normal house with no traits, impressively had brown walls and a yard.
“What are we going to do with heading to the house? The heart of the "alteration" is probably Tsurugi-sensei- that person, is apparently in “Yaorozu” shop, he hasn’t returned home yet?”
Kagami spoke, to straighten things out.
Bringing her little sisters along, she moved up to the front of my house.
“This “modification,” isn’t necessarily taking place because of Tsukuyomi’s will. The surroundings are doing this on it’s own to please Tsukuyomi. Letting the “gods” understand that act is pointless, is the sole way to solve it. Knocking Tsukuyomi out, or even killing him, won’t settle this.”
“Hmm”
Kagami seemed to be thinking something, suddenly she her eyes that were most of the time half-asleep, glared, and she quickly assumed a combative stance.
“- Nee-san!!”
She was staring at our house door.
From the inside, the unsettling sound like that of a violent lava was emanating.
Something was trying to appear.
“I know. 'an evil god' is piggybacking this 'alteration'. He seems to be playing with us with this act..... Don’t get too close to it, Kagami. It’s probably something that won’t be solved with physical violence- Tama, rejoice. You can eat as much as you like today.”
“Really-?”
Tama put a finger on her lips, “Yaay☆,” she rejoiced innocently.
It was the next moment.
The door opened with full blast, and from the inside a brown substance erupted like a mudslide.
With a movement like that of a huge dragon, it attacked the three Yagami Sisters, with a muddy stream that tried to swallow them.
“It’s chocorate☆☆☆”
Tama’s eyes sparkled with stardust, and she dived into torrent without further encouragement.
An moment- an impossible phenomenon occured.
As the mysterious (probably chocolate) substance approached her from the side it squirmed, dispersing in to thin air.
Being eaten.
That was the only way to express it.
“It’s only a trite 'substance god’..... Tama’s divinity is on a different level. If you attack her straight on you’ll only be eaten. Perfect to feed Tama-”
Smiling, Tsurugi chased the charging Tama. Kagami panicked and followed her lead.
The three Yagami Sisters stepped into our house with shoes still on.(emphasized b/c them japs are bare foot indoors.)
The chocolate was still flying and snaking out, but the parts that came in contact with the three were eliminated.
“Tama, eat only the ones that are attacking you! If you eat the unrelated walls and floors as well the house will collapse!”
“Ye-s!”
Replying well, Tama continued her “meal” with a expression of ecstasy.
“'Sasami-san’ or something’s room was on the second floor, I think”
Tsurugi called out my name.
The inside of the house was filled with the brown liquid as if it was drowned by the ocean, anything and everything was vague. Even the location of the stairs was hard to grasp just at a glance.
“Nee-san, it’s over there.
Unable to eat the chocolate, Kagami glanced around the room nervously, from behind where Tama held the mudslide at bay.
Indeed, there were the stairs.
Tsurugi excitedly nodded.
“OK! We’ll move while blocking the chocolate! Tama! Protect our rear so we don’t get attacked from the back,!”
“Mhm! Tama will 'plotect!' Ploplo!”
Doing it joyfully, Tama closed the distance between her and her big sisters.
First Tsurugi, then Kagami, then Tama climbed up the stair.
The chocolate attacking Tama was halted as she consumed it, but the attacking mud slide came flying from the front too. Based on the amount and force, it seemed like things were worse ahead.
---------However, when Tsurugi held out the red cloth bag(apparently holding a elongated something) the torrent flew off and vanished, just like Tama
“Orrah!”
Tsurugi kicked open the door to my room like it was a raid.
At the same time from the interior a explosive flow incomparable to before erupted.
“As I thought, this is the origin.”
While Tsurigi stuck her hand in the cloth bag. In an instant she pulled out the contents.
In one sweep it revealed itself to be Japanese katana.
The design was Japanese but it was an unusually old-fashioned double-edged sword.
It was more of a work of art than a weapon.
Unsheathed, that blade glistened without a single speck of rust .
“You “evil god” fuckers - although we've wasted away, don’t you dare think you can do anything you want with this lovely Tsurugi-chan!”
Letting out a roar, Tsurugi swung her “sword” at an angle.
As if a crevice ran through the world, the brown dragon, with a strident roar, was shattered into small pieces and was annihilated.
In an instant, the room’s state was revealed.
The mudslide’s origin was the personal computer in front of me.
That machine was persistently expelling brown. Tsurugi drew near the homemade personal computer number one which I put money, time, and labor to assemble, in one jump.
“Don’t waste our time, you traitor!!”
Letting out a roar, she clove it in two.
The “sword” very easily ate into the personal computer, cutting it, and and destroying.
At the same time Tsurugi glanced back,shouting to Kagami.
“Kagami- project the world with your “mirror!”
“Wasn’t I not supposed to have a turn? Well, if there’s an “evil god” it can’t be helped. Tama! Carry Onee-san and distance yourself!!”
“Mhm!”
Tama rushed over to Tsurugi like a beast, carrying her in her underarm and flew out the window, smashing it.
Confirming that, Kagami unprecedentedly opened both her rather clear eyes that were without a shed of sleepiness and declared.
“-the world of humans, regain the world that should be”
In an instant, from both her eyes a shining light erupted, painting the brown world.

@ @ @


“La♪ Lalla♪”
Onii-chan was walking.
The surrounding was still a brown world.
A chocolate car was running on a chocolate road, and dove away a chocolate cat, and that chocolate cat jumped to a chocolate house and knocked over a chocolate potted plant and was yelled by a chocolate woman. However, Onii-chan, being unable to recognize the “alteration”, interpreted it as a “natural scene.”
“I bought so much.....”
In that hand was a briefcase, and a plastic bag ( also chocolate) was dangling.
Remembering his errand, it seemed that he bought the computer paper as well, but that was chocolate too.
“Sasami-san will rejoice”
Onii-chan, thinking only about that, staggered, and with questionable movements, put his hand on the door of our home, and stepped inside.
If there was a person who observed the situation from outside, they would tilt their head with a “Hmm?”
Our “common sense” was being reflected, and it was normal.
It wasn’t chocolate. It was a entrance without a single thing changed.
The daily calendar, a shoebox, and a decorative plant.
Onii-chan sat at the entrance and took off his shoes, leaving his briefcase. He climbed the stairs while swinging his plastic bag.
“Sasami-sa~n♪ Onii-chan is home~♪”
Knocking on the door, Onii-chan waited for a while.
No reply from me was the same as always, of course, Onii-chan opened the door and stepped in as if it was natural.
The interior was no different than usual.
There was only one inexplicable thing- the overt personal computer that was lying there, bisected.
The internal parts which were shorting out, were also not chocolate.
Being very ordinary, in this chocolofied world, is awfully unnatural- of course, Onii-chan didn’t have a doubt, and looked around at the surroundings.
“Sasami-san? Today is apparently Valentine’s day! You’re supposed to give the person you like chocolate! Generally the girl is supposed to give, however my love transcends age and gender so thinking there wouldn’t be a problem, so I got-”
Then Onii-chan was speechless.
Next to the broken personal computer, like a bronze statue, I was standing.
“Sa, Sasami-san.....”
However, my whole body was brown, impressively sculpted from chocolate.
From my hair to the tips of my fingers was perfectly chocolate.
Without even trembling, he was stiff with a smiling expression.
Onii-chan took a gulp.
“I, I see.....”
He was tremendously happy.
“I understand, I roughly got the idea- Sasami-san! In other words this is where the “chocolate is...... M・E・E♪(or わ・た・し♪ or Wa・Ta・Shi♪)!” Onii-chan perfectly grasped it!! If that’s the case, then as you wish I will lick it and bite it and put it in my mouth and Onii-chan will and nii-chan will”
Onii-chan was yelling stupid things and charging, but,
In the next instant, my bronze statue(?) trembled.
Stop.
Mes.
Sing.
A.
Rouuuund.
“UGAAA!”
Raising a voice not meant for girls, I instantly became violent.
Then the chocolate covering cracked, came off, and fell to the floor.
Geez, I couldn’t breathe right and it was painful!
“O, Ooo.....”
Onii-chan was raising a strange voice because-
Peeling off the chocolate, I was naked.
Because I defended myself from the "alteration" with all my strength, only my body was able to escape its effect.
But the clothing that I was wearing wasn’t in the range of my spiritual power, and was ruled by the “material god,” so it was transfigured to chocolate, peeled off, and fell.
Noticing that Onii-chan was entranced like a congregation of the pious meeting the Messiah, I quickly hid my breast and lower body.
“Oni-chan DIEEEEEEEE!!”
Raising a voice that a younger sister should not, I made Onii-chan bite into a knee-kick.
My body is weak, but there are times for girls that they have to knock someone unconscious if it even means reducing their own lifespan.
“Ahfunn.....”
Onii-chan let out an “I’m satisfied with my life voice”, and died falling on the floor, not moving.
I roughly took in breaths, trembling, hid my body with a towel, and in the corner of my room- I opened the folding screen of my closet.
In there.......
“.............” “.............” “.............”
Because Onii-chan came home unexpectedly early, the Yagami Three Sisters weren’t even able to leave the house and were stealthily hiding.
“Umm.....”
Tsurugi, seeing me turn even my ears red and shaking bashfully, averted her eyes and said.
“It couldn’t ..... be ..... helped?”
“GET-OUT-OF-HERE-!!”
I raged.
Grabbing the near by metal bat meant for prowler (like Onii-chan who can’t control his love for his little sister) beating, I was going to kick the Yagami Three Sister’s butts.
While getting tearful.
As an instinctive impulse.
“GET OUT! GET OUT! THIS IS MY HOUSEEE!!”
Hide me.
With me confused due to lack of explanation, and my girl’s heart embarrassed, my first big scale “alteration” “the Valentine’s tragedy”’s curtain closed.
The detailed reason for “alteration” and the “method for the solution” that the three Yagami Sisters took will be summarized in the report later.
“.....”
After I dragged myself to bed, I put on a futon, and sulked in bed.
I’m already tired, Onii-chan.


*** Reference to a classic kids song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DP-QW90JHA


Translator: Katsura
Editor: Carlothan
Co-Editor and QC: Editor-kun


No comments:

Post a Comment