Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Chapter 4



Younger sister, Kagami


This was the story heard afterward.


Even though she had been playing in the river from early morning, the energetic youngest Yagami Sister – Tama, hadn't even gotten a cold. In fact, as Onii-chan was being fed by Tsurugi, Tama was about to begin her lunch.
“Obento♪ Obento♪”
The class put their desks together, as if to declare it was lunch.
Arms folded, Tama nodded aimlessly. “I work hard for this time every day.”




As she put her hand in the randoseru, singing “Obento♪”, Tama discovered Onii-chan’s box, confused.
“Hmm, what’s this? Tama like, really liked the obentou-bako(lunch box) that Kagami-nee(kagami big sis) bought..... Oh! Right, I got this from Paparin!”
Apparently she forgot.
“I wonder what’s inside.....?
She opened it, just like that,
“Fwaaaaahh.....☆☆☆”
Tama was staring at the some kind of elaborate chocolate, eyes shining.
“Cho- it’s chocowit(idk, kinda like a child would say it. its in hiragana, when its supposed to be katakana)..... ma’am! Uhh, it’s okay if I eat this right? Tsurugi-nee always says I can’t have any because I’ll get cavities.....even though she eats them all the time! That’s why, since I have all this chocolate to myself, Tama, Tamah..... will do something about it!”
Turning red and pinching one, she threw it in her mouth.
“Howawawa..... so sweet..... so happy.....☆☆☆”
She ate with so much enthusiasm that it attracted attention. The elementary kids around her began to notice.
“T-tama-chan! Lucky! Chocolate!?”

“Tama-chan got chocolate?”

“W-who did you give it to!? What!? You’re eating it by yourself!?”

“Could it be that Tama-chan doesn’t even know what Valentine’s day is?”

“Howa? What, do you want some? (*Tama)”
To the closest one, a quiet looking boy with glasses,Tama smiled.
“Because Sa-chin showed me his homework, I’ll give him one chocowite♪”
It wasn’t chocolate; it was like a jewel to them. She brought that to the mouth of her peer, and fed him with an “A-nn☆”
“Tatata..... Tama-chan is giving chocolates, t-t-to someone like me!?”

”J-just Satou isn’t fair! Give me some too!”

“Right now, we can get chocalates from Tama-chan that doesn’t know anything..... from Tama-chan we can get.....!”

“Give me!”

“I’ll kill to get some if I have to!”

“Whaaaa!? N,no! If everyone takes it..... Tama won’t be able to eat any!! Waah!! (*Tama)”
The kids, attacking like bald-eagles, took over half the chocolates. Tama protested with teary eyes.
“Mean! Too mean! Why take away Tama’s chocorate!? Waah!! Even though I got it from Paparin. Even though it was my lunch!! Even though Tama only had one!! Ooh, Buruutasu, even you!?”
“It couldn’t be helped, Tama-chan”
She was sitting on the other side of Sa-chin. Unlike Tama, she was a normal girl, and she sighed.
“Today is Valentine’s day. If you bring chocolate, the boys will obviously go crazy. Tama-chan is popular as well.....”

“Barentine?”

To the confused Tama, the girls shared.

“Wait, so you didn’t know? Valentine is-”



@ @ @ 

Elsewhere, in Konohanasakuya Academy.

It was after school.

Onii-chan, still covering his forehead, stuck his head in the “Makers association” that he was in charge of. Having either nothing to do, or too much free time, he was using up someone’s MP(magic point.).
“.....”
“.....”
“.....”
“..... Um, Sensei? Please don’t dance “Clear Clear Weather Happy” silently. It’s totally gross," the quietly reading Yagami sister’s second daughter - Yagami Kagami, coldly whispered.
“But Kakagami-san, with nothing to do, I have so much free time.”
“You should read. There’s enough to do that until you rot.”
Just like Kagami said, the “Makers Association’s” room had bookshelves on all four walls, with plenty of books lined up.
However, it was mostly books that nobody read, like really old ones, documents, chronologies, and maps.
“Funyah”
Making an odd sound, she started talking with an emotionless voice.
“If you have free time, you should stick your head into other clubs. In this huge world, there’s bound to be someone that needs you. Yup..... I think?”
Kagami continued to talk with less and less sense. She was the same age as me - a first year in high school, apparently sixteen but....her height was average and her face and body did not stand out. It left no impression.
She always seemed sleepy. Actually, she slept alot.
“Fufu, someone who needs me..... correct! There is, of course!”
Onii-chan happily, staggered and loitered around the club room.
“My cute, cute, cute imouto-sama that I love the most! Sasami-san! Always waiting for me! I am needed! I’m loved! Do you know!? I’ll explain Sasami san’s wonderfulness, first more than anything..... Hmm?”
“.....”
Kagami, was in deep sleep.
“Kagami-san? Kagami-san?”
“Oh, excuse me. I fell asleep.”
Wiping off the drool, Kagami raised her head, and grumbled with a straight face.
“I was so uninterested that I had trouble staying awake. I understand Tsukuyomi-sensei’s love for his love for imouto-san, so much that it’s a mystery. Any further explanation is not needed. Honestly, it’s annoying.”
“Wha-..... I want to talk about it! Listen please Kagami-san! Geez! Even though you want to actually listen! Silence makes me uncomfortable, so let’s talk!”
Onii-chan was dancing.
“Pick a topic you like- “Today’s Sasami-san” “Yesterday’s Sasami-san” “Tomorrow’s Sasami-san” “Sasami-san’s embarrassing episode” “The day Sasami-san and I fought” “Sasami-san’s hobbies and taste” -Oh, we can make a die, and shake it. I wonder what will it be..... and we can pick topics like that! With me, we can have fun by talking about the most interesting thing that is Sasami-san, and repeating it until we get tired of it.”
“.....”
“Kagami-san?”
“Excuse me. I was sleeping.”
“Fueeeeenn! Kagami-neeee!!”

The door burst open, and, with a randoseru still on, Tama came diving in.
The elementary school Tama attended was nearby, and she would usually play in the club room until after school.
Infatuated, she squeezed Kagami while crying.
“What is it, geez.....”
Kagami looked troubled.
“Don’t jump on me, Tama. You’re so huge and heavy.”
“Waah!”
Onii-chan, at ease, greeted Tama who was weeping from the cold words of her big sister.
“Fuya, pa, Paparin.....”
Tama, surprisingly, was turning red as if blushing, and kept squeezing, as if enraptured.
“I’ll be squished! I’ll die!”

Despite Kagami's cries, she continued to water her eyes, and looked at Onii-chan.
“Um, you see, Tama is”
Gulp, she swallowed.
“Pa, I love Paparin, but..... but, like, I’m still in elementary..... that’s why, I want to start as friends. Fueenn, Kagami-nee! What should Tama do!?”
“First let go. Because I’ll die..... realize that you’re ridiculously strong already.”
Barely in a headlock, Kagami whispered in a withering voice.
It was right after that.

“Oh, what the heck is this, could it be the three sisters reunited”

From the door that was still open, Tsurugi popped her head out.
With an child-like expression, definitely enjoying herself she continued.
“I don’t know what the topics is, but don’t leave Onee-chan out..... Ishishishishi”

Translator: Katsura
Editor: Carlothan
Co-Editor: Editor-kun





2 comments: