Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Chapter 9

Job Search



“Hey, let us borrow your P.C.'s”
“......”


Whether or not they know about me peeking into Onii-chan and their life, Tsurugi opened the door to my room with a good smile and without any introduction,.
Because I knew others were coming to my room, I changed out of pajamas, and I vacuumed here and there..... but I didn't expect them to arrive this quickly.
While these thoughts raced through my mind, for the time being I greeted sensei to keep up a good appearance. "Hello sensei. Umm, what brings you here today?”
“Wah, it’s so spacious!”
“On top of being covered with chocolate last time, we got kicked out right after it returned to normal, so there wasn’t any time to get a good look at it. Hmm, it indeed has a lot of area for a private room.”
Tama, still carrying a randoseru* and Kagami with a uniform and a school bag, stepped in without permission.

Looking around restlessly, they really seemed like they were having fun.
“There are a lot of stuffed animals~☆”
“Hmm.....This is..... quite the.....”
Tama was hugging my only friend(stuffed animals) that would heal my heart to the point of squishing it, and Kagami who was laying on my bed and putting covers over herself without permission. Don’t sleep.
These guys are doing whatever as they please.
While smiling bitterly at her little sisters, Tsurugi hid her voice as she asked.
“Well, I won’t pester you about not coming to school- so instead, cooperate with us.”
“Even though you’re a teacher you intend to intimidate me....?”
“It’s a deal, Tsukuyomi Sasami. There shouldn't be any downsides to having us on your side. I’m just want to get along with you.”
Well, whatever.

As of now they seem to have no malice- at any rate, with my power I can’t do anything about these Yagami Three Sisters with force.
If that’s the case I’ll further the friendship and I’ll conversely use them. It might be a good idea to think that way.
“Oh well. But it would be annoying if you stay here for too long, so will you finish it quickly?”
“I know.”
Tsurugi laughed at ease.
“Our goal is not to enjoy 'Yamatanooroti SNS' or whatever- doing the 'research,' and then 'solving' if there is an 'alteration' is top priority. If there is anything suspicious in 'Yamatanooroti SNS' we would probably know immediately, and if the 'enemy' isn’t too stupid then it will make a commotion if it notices us..... so it won’t take too long.”
“By 'enemy,' do you mean something from 'Yamatanooroti SNS'? And were you able to educated guess from an opponent who is doing suspicious things? Or rather is it really an 'alteration' that's happening?”
“That's part of what we're trying to find out.”
Or rather, from Tsurugi’s tone, it seems she already noticed me 'peeping'- well, then actually “pretending to not know” is a better description.
“So, just wait a little.”

Following Tsurugi’s orders,
I, myself returned to the middle of the room.
From this position, I can see all the screen’s of the p.c. lined up.
So they don’t do anything suspicious, I have to monitor them.
“Hey, little sisters. Come over here. Tama, don’t touch stuff in people’s house without permission. Kagami, don’t sleep. Even I’m behaving myself, so don’t embarrass Onee-chan.”
During that time, Tsurugi hit her sisters' heads with the rumored scarlet cloth-bag.
Tama and Kagami, who had been doing as they pleased, reluctantly sat in front of the P.C's.
I was finishing up the preparation, so that as soon as you turned on the power the computer will start up with no problems.
But.

“It’s good that you lined up a bunch of P.C's, but my room has only one network and 'Yamatanooroti SNS' is kinda like a online game and a social network service turned into a olio** right? We have to prepare individual networks.....”
“That part I’ll 'alter' and we’ll get by.”
Tsurugi said it as if it was nothing. I was shocked.
“If you can be useful and tamper things so they'll be convenient, you should have prepared your own P.C's as well.”
“We aren’t omnipotent..... on top of that it’s pretty tiring, the 'alterations'. We don’t know what’s gonna happen, so we want to use it as little as we can.”
Stretching quite a bit, Tsurugi yawned like a cat.
“Plus, even if 'Yamatanooroti SNS' was a 'evil change,' on a big scale a lot of people are involved- that fact is still there. It’s not a 'evil god' that can exercise power without relying on 'foreign enemies' and humans, are enemy might be a 'human blight.'”
These guys have no intention of hiding that they’re “a being past human beings.”
“If 'human blights' are the enemy, then there is a possibility that even we will need to be saved- these guys are a little special after all..... That’s why, it would help if Tsukuyomi who has the 'power of the supreme god' was here, or, actually, you can deal with the “human blights” the most effectively- right Sasami?”

“I can?”
I’m a hikikomori with almost no strong points.....
While I was bewildered, Onii-chan, who hadn’t shown up, appeared with plates with plenty of snacks and a number of plastic bottles in both hands.
He had apparently been preparing some form of hospitality for his guests, the Three Yagami Sisters
Perhaps because Onii-chan was happy to be commanded by the chibikko(little) sensei, he was excited as he followed orders. As always, my Onii-chan was a predisposed servant.
Almost shocked, I put my weight deeply into the computer chair.
Well, what should I do-.
“Howawawawa.....”
Tama, in front of the notebook, raised a weird voice as if she in trouble.
“What should I do? What should I do?”
“Funyah. For now, you should imitate me or Onee-san.”
Centered around Tama the computer beginner, to her right was Tsurugi, and to her left was Kagami.
By the way, Onii-chan was to the right of Tsurugi.
With the four in a line, they turned on the P.C.'s nearly all at the same time.
The machines roared, the electromagnetic waves were flowing like a tide as they were trasmitted.
“Huh?”
Tama, who was enjoying the colors displayed on the computer screen, looked over to me who was the only one in a distant location and tilted her head.
“Isn’t Sasami Onee-chan going to play 'Yamatanooroti SNS'?”
“I’ll pass.....”
Doing a expression as if I wasn’t interested, I started my computer, and pretended to be aimlessly viewing at online shopping pages.
“It’s a hassle- besides, I can’t put in entries into my blog, let alone manage it. I haven’t even used the dashboard, so I’m a person that doesn’t know if things like SNS is fun or not.”
“Even on the internet are you a hikikomori.....”
Tsurugi grumbled as if shocked, and sighed.
“Well, it won’t help if we aren’t unreasonable- We're thankful that you'll even let us borrow your P.C's. Tsukuyomi, you'll help, right?”
“Yeah..... if the students are infatuated over 'Yamatanooroti SNS' and not attending school, that would be a problem, so at least we should take a look what kind of thing it is-”
Onii-chan said something a teacher would say, as if suddenly remembering.
After glancing at those four, I returned my line of sight to my screen.
From the position of the four, they wouldn't be able to see what I’m doing in the back.
Equipping my headphones, I click on the icon on my desktop.

'Yamatanooroti SNS' started up.

I can’t tell them.....
That I was a 'Yamatanooroti SNS' addicted all the way. To think that I was abusing the fact that I was a hikikomori and a online-gaming cripple that was immersed with thousand of hours.....
On the screen was my character named “SASAMISAN(written katakana)” that could pass as a foreigners name, with fully armored with rare items, and looked by everyone in “Yamatanooroti SNS” with respected eyes.
There was no way that I would have though that the Yagami Three Sisters would put an eye on “Yamatanooroti SNS”
Even being dark and gloomy, I moved the character inside the screen.
If the Three Yagami Sisters judged the “Yamatanooroti SNS” as a “evil change,” and plan to smash it up - I had to prevent that with all my might.
At least I should prevent the existence of “Yamatanooroti SNS” itself from disappearing..... I don’t even want to think about the story spun by the character that I raised to this point and the items I gathered all going to waste.....
In this case, this time- I have to confront the Yagami Three Sisters.

@ @ @

Registering for “Yamatanooroti SNS,” and downloading the necessary things, Kagami was reading the “Yamatanooroti SNS admission guide” she had printed before.
“Yamatanooroti SNS” is a sword and magic fantasy + academy atmosphere, so it’s not a “guide book” but a “admission guide.”
Well, the sad part of online games is that if you get addicted to some point, you have to either buy a thick guide book sold in stores, or endlessly gather information online.
It’s okay if I give advice, for now I should look over the situation.
Since these guys are involved, things probably won’t progress normally.....
“ 'Yamatanooroti SNS' existed from the time that the world wide web melted into the general public and everyone got used to the net environment, it really is a SNS with tradition.”
Kagami is referencing the “admission guide.”
“The company was barely passing by, and it didn’t quite get popular- the evaluation of the reconciliation of SNS and online game was 'both of them are half-hearted,' and the evaluation worldwide wasn’t too sweet apparently.”
“So it’s like a eroge with a high gaming nature.”
Tsurugi nodded as if satisfied.
“The game is profusely hard and I can’t clear it and see the ero image, on top of that, the game isn't particularly fun! Kinda like that? Even though I bought this game to because I wanted to see the ero! But I got tired of dragging myself to read the sentences!”
“Please don’t make everything into a talk about eroge.”
She looked at her sister as if disgusted, and Kagami spit out.
“Anyway, even that 'Yamatanooroti SNS'- as the technology of the internet progressed it also gradually approached to its ideal, the users increased, and as of recently it seemed to get a huge break. It was rather unnatural however- in this rigorous consumer society, to wait so care freely for its growth, the world and the public’s patience shouldn’t be that long. Why did the company who manages this didn’t go bankrupt.”

“A special 'alteration' happened and it protected itself from going bankrupt- or something like that?”
Tsurugi murmured with a straight face.
“Or they might have ignored profits. Making money may have not been purpose. Even if no one was looking at it, even if doesn’t amount to a penny- there are bunch of people who would manage the homepage and blog. Humans spin stories even if it doesn’t make money, they are creatures that have a desire of “I want someone to know about me”.”
As if she envied something, the chibikko-sensei smiled.
““Anyone can write a book”- a story named by their own life, wanting to be looked by someone. Wanting to preserve it in some form. Wanting to not disappear like frost. I understand that feeling. The gods as well want to preserve their stories as mythology. Great men wrote down something in history books. But, even the public is living inside the story.”
In the internet world, a countless number of homepages, blogs, and something besides those are scattered as small worlds, making a miniature garden.
Even if it’s not needed by anyone. Even if it doesn’t seem like you will earn any money.
Humans are creatures that want to leave stories in some form.
“Lots of words have been spun, countless pictures that seem to be cut from the Earth, paintings and songs that were born from imagination- in the net world their is a numerous amount of stories being swirled around. But those are in almost every case.....not looked at by anyone, and pile up like sand.”
Tsurugi had a distant look in her eyes.
“The story that no one knows, where does it go? Even if there is no meaning and profit, why do humans still spin stories? Writing out a mythology centered around the “self,” what are humans trying to become?”

After doing a monologue that you can’t understand- Tsurugi's expression was difficult.
“Why is it that, the people’s vision of the structure of the status quo this world is Schrödinger's cat, but the divine grow stronger with people’s “desire to seek”? No matter how small the base, by gathering believers, widening the scope of action- eventually the influence against the world increases. The users of 'Yamatanooroti SNS' number three hundred thousand..... it might be a existence that causes us little trouble”
“I don’t really understand.”
Kagami murmured as if she seemed concerned.
“Umm- If we get a lot of humans as allies, absorbing that vitality, and the god will power up..... is that how it is? The god who controls 'Yamatanooroti SNS', because of that is tremendously strengthened- correct?”
“Even that kind of interpretation is okay. A monster that absorbs human’s vitality and grows, an image like that is fine.. You can still interact without properly understanding it. Plus, no matter how much you strengthen yourself- you won’t even be an enemy when it’s us three sisters”
Murmuring, carefree, Tsurugi gripped the game controller for the P.C..
The game part of 'Yamatanooroti SNS' is useable with just mouse and keyboard, but Tsurugi claimed that it would be difficult without a controller, so I let her borrow it.
“Well, let’s try to have the most fun out of this. I’ll make them regret that they foolishly put a hand on my students- this, is kinda like an RPG right? Make a character, have an adventure, and level up.....”
“Funyaa. 'It also has those functions' just that. The foundation of it is a SNS- the 'story' that develops inside 'Yamatanooroti SNS' has a lot of 'events' that occur along with it, so the main purpose is to communicate with others as those happen.
While idly viewing the “admission guide,” Kagami explained.
“It is possible for those who want to play the game to focus on that, playing minigames, and building communities, and of course even make blogs..... there is a rather lot of freedom. It’s something like 'a SNS with a strong nature of that of a game.'”
Whether it was that, although she gives an impression of one always reading but is slow at reading the characters, or the fact that she might be weak at thinking and then “understanding”, Kagami was speaking so slowly each word was tantalizing.
“We will each build a character, and we will “enter” into a school of 'Yamatanooroti SNS' with lots of people, then for three years, we will manipulate that character and will deliver a school life.“
“Three years, that long?”
To Tsurugi’s concern, Kagami showed no expression.
“It is nothing more than the time in the game. If you put it into the time of reality- well, roughly 'one year' is about 'one month.' If three years pass, the character will 'graduate,' and the items you earned will to some extent be inherited to a new character that you will create and 'enter' again~. You will repeat something like that endlessly.”
“If you 'graduate' will there be any privileges?”
“Yes. You’re options will increase. New species and appearance options are added, and you will be able to experience new events. In other SNS the things called “friends,” you will inherit something similar called “comrades.” As your play time increases, your items and money will increase, and you can gradually play extravagantly. The “graduation” prevents ruts, and is a measure so you can play without ever getting tired of it.”
Exactly.

I had “graduated” my character tens of times as well.
The characters that “graduate” become NPCs, and some become clerks and teachers in the internal towns of “Yamatanooroti SNS”, carelessly encountering them is pleasant..... There are times that things happen and they become monsters and attack you, that is also interesting.
“Furthermore, during the three years, those who leave excellent marks, without even “graduating”- will be sent to a special stage, “Valhalla,” and will endlessly fight endlessly against epic leveled monsters. In “Valhalla” there are other students sent the same way and monsters who have huge powers, and and the two battle untiringly. Well that's is more for people that really are fond of games and want to do high level adventures.”
“There won’t be a point where we get hooked on it that deeply though”
Perhaps Tsurugi thought it looked fun. Her eyes glistened.
“Oh, it seems like the download is complete. Can we start with this?”
“It seems that way. Did everyone else finish?”
Tama and Onii-chan nodded to that. These two seem weak at games.
Either way the four at the same time, clicked on the 'Yamatanooroti SNS' icon- as the name states, it is like a dragon with eight heads(Yamatanooroti in kanji is 八崎大蛇).

@ @ @

A beautiful opening rolls.
It is one world.
A blue beautiful planet. Around it are five moons.
In the oceans that are red and purple here and there, there are a number of continents and islands scattered.
A dragon gliding, and giants swaggering, it’s a fantasy world.
With the image flying around that world, a ___ rolled.

The gods who once created the world are filled with regret.
Countless of gods tampered with the world as they pleased, resulting in a world rebuilt only for their own desire.
The world reduced into chaos and hideousness from just one look
“Let’s start over”
“This is a failure”
The gods who judged that assembled one at a time,
and to level the world, assembled Yamatanooroti that destroys everything.
In each of the monster’s eight necks lies a symbol of destruction,
and that monster is ruthlessly trampling the world.
But the gods did not predict the countless lives that breathe on in this world that failed,
Seeing those god’s will, they violently resisted,
and pleaded that, “we are not a failure,”
harboring determination and courage, the lives all over the world that were in unity,
and were finally able to seal lord Yamatanooroti as a result of fierce battle,
and restore peace for a moment,
But Yamatanooroti was not destroyed,
so when that devil once again resurrects and tries to lead the world to destruction,
so that they can win-
in various places schools were built, and youngsters with promising futures were gathered from around the world,
taking on the mission of protecting the world - they were called the “defenders,”
at the same time the period of chaos was drowned in delight,
and those who were doing as they pleased
recovered themselves, and pledged to live with integrity,
so they would never be judged as being a “failure” by the gods again.
The countless academies for the protection of the world, and self training-
you will be attending one while you are embracing the hope for the future,
you can indulge in lazy pleasure, and atrophy as you play,
but you can not forget,
because of that sordid and ugly feeling of laziness,
we were give by the gods,
the chance to protect the world, or to win the trust of the gods-
young one, let’s share our youth together, and have some friendly competition.


Finally, the scene sets itself in the middle of a huge continent, with a mechanized tower that seems to be the fusion of a brick house and gears that stand out. You’ve arrived in a mysterious town.
The door of the chalky palace that stands out the most in the town, with a tree growing from the roof down, opens wide.
The gatekeepers clear the streets, and a bright red carpet is laid, and you proceed onto a lobby with light spilling out.
In the very back, a small room with a artistic design appears, and, over the tables with scrolls and parchments, there is a kind looking elf with glasses smiling.
Makena “Freshmen, welcome to the school administration tower.”
“Oo, it talked.”
Tsurugi was probably surprised at the fact that along with the sentences that appear on the screen, a voice that seems like that of a famous voice actor echoed.
This Makena-san guides the freshmen, and is a popular character that shows up in lots of events(because she wears loose clothing, in some doujinshi, meaningless disputes like “she is flat-chested!” “No, I won’t acknowledge her unless she secretly has big boobs!”, happen).
As Makena simply talked about what Kagami explained before, she handed a sheet of paper around.
Makena “First, please pick which “academy” you want to enter.”
The papers fill up the screen.
Makena “It seems that you are a beginner of “Yamatanooroti  SNS,” so you should pick one of the three “academies” for beginners. The “Olympus academy” is for those for like games. The “Jerusalem academy” is for those who want to interact with friends. For those achievers that want to enjoy both, I would recommend the “Takama-ga-hara *** academy.”
“So Greek mythology, Bible based, and Japanese mythology.....”
Tsurugi murmured as if to herself.
“We want to stick with the four of us, so let’s pick the same “academy.” Is “Takama-ga-hara academy” okay? It looks safe, and if it’s Japanese mythology, I’m somewhat knowledgeable.”
“I don’t mind if it’s that one”
Onii-chan was swept into picking “Takama-ga-hara academy.”
Everyone else did the same as well.
Makena nodded as if satisfied, and handed the next document.
Makena “I got it. Alright- Next, will you tell me a little more about yourself? Could you give us your necessary information?”

Then the screen changed.
On the screen thats colored like parchments ,a bunch of blanks popped up.
Most of the blanks were still not filled in.
Tsurugi nodded as if she understood.
“It’s a create-a-character. With this you can make your own chara- a being in 'Yamatanooroti SNS' that you will control as if your own clone. You can find these in normal games..... hmm, names and gender, race and occupation-”
“Funyaa”
Without being scared, Kagami fiddled with this and that.
“Even though it’s a 'school game,' there’s a lot of freedom in things like appearances. Like being bald and having a beard..... And 'jobs' even though you’re a student-“
“Well, if you worry about things like that, it’s your loss. Woah, there’s only three 'races.' 'Human' 'Elf' and 'Mazoku****'
“If you 'graduate,' you can pick things according to your grade. 'Elfs' are weaker compared to humans, but are highly intelligent and are excellent at magic. 'Mazoku' have the same capabilities as humans, but have the role of 'being spies, and infiltrating and occupying the academy for the world domination of the devil.' Special events are easier to trigger for them.“
“Hmm”
Tsurugi lay flat on the floor, and already is in sloppy posture.
“So we don’t get confused on looks, let’s make it so that they look like us. Oh, you can automatically make it look like yourself if you put in a image of yourself -Hey Sasami, bring a camera“
“Yes yes”
Because I was called, I prepared a camera that connects with the computer.
Taking one of everyone, I transferred the image to its owner.
Based on that, the character’s appearance will be decided.
On each of their screens, there was a character made with beautiful graphics, that looked just like them(the clothing was the same for all of them, and was medieval European.)”
“Oo, wow. I’m in the screen.”
Tsurugi was delighted.
“To be honest, I wanted it to be more of a sexy and beautiful woman with excellent sex appeal!”
“Seeing that kind of Onee-san would only make me sad, so stop it please”
“Tama too, I wanted mine to be smaller”
To her bigger sisters’ conversation, Tama muttered as if feeling lonely.
“Well like, Tama is like, big so. I get put in the back of the class, and even if I eat the same amount as everyone, I’m still hungry. I wish I was about the same height as everyone”
“That’s an extravagant problem....”
Tsurugi murmured as if she felt unpleasant, and typed, clack clack clack.
“Let’s put in our own names as well, because it would be easier to recognize. Tu, ru, gi, got it.”
“So I am 'Kamiomi(Onii-chan’s first name fyi)'”
“I’ve been thinking this from before, your name is so hard to pronounce. Tsukuyomi Kamiomi, there’s to many 'ミ(mi)!' Every time I call your name, I stutter.”
“Even if you say something like that- Speaking of something that’s hard to read, wouldn’t it be most likely Kagami-san’s? “Yagami Kagami,” it’s like a tongue twister.”
“That’s none of your business”
“Waaa! That’s unfair of you two! Tama will also be hard to read and match you guys!”
Tama was jealous for an unknown reason.
While they were idly talking, Tsurugi quickly finished her character creation.
“Yes, I did it!”
“So fast”
Kagami peeked at her sister’s screen with a surprised face
“What kind did you make?”
Tsurugi’s character is something like:
Name/Tsurugi Race/Human Gender/Female Age/Sixteen
“.....sixteen?”
“It can’t be helped, I can only pick sixteen!”
“Yamatanooroti SNS” is a “school game,” it’s staged on a high school, and when ever someone admits, it seems that they are sixteen.
Besides that, there are blanks for things like “birth place,” “future goals,” “hobbies,” “special skills,” but that area isn’t that important, so it doesn’t matter.
The problem is the “occupations” that range to thousands of different types.
From which one you pick, it determines the range of thing you can do, and it limits what kind of equipment you can wear. There are things such as “secret occupations,” and even things such as “upper level occupations,” where you have to have a certain amount of experience to transfer into, even I haven’t went through them all.
“I’m the type of person that wants to power through these kind of things, that’s why I picked a warrior based 'occupation.' Look, it’s called 'big-swordsman.' Doesn’t it look pretty strong?”
“It’s a big power for a small body.”
While Kagami was admiring, the Makena in the screen was doing a job of receiving the documents with a smile.

Makena: “Yes, there isn’t a problem. Hmm.....?”
Furrowing her brow, Makena stared at the documents with an unwelcoming look.
Makena: “That’s not good, Tsurugi-san. You have write the truth in the documents.”
“What? A document deficiency? No way, writing that I was sixteen was actually not allowed!? What’s wrong with lying about my age in an online game and retrieving my youth!!”
“No, please wait, this is-”
Makena “Your real “occupation,” isn’t is this?”
While talking, Makena put a red “×” on the documents, and was rewriting.
The letters of “big-swordsman” entered in the “occupations” was cleanly vanished, and replaced it was-
“This is lucky, Nee-san. The fact that this message was displayed means..... at the time of the 'admissions,' you can have an rare 'occupation' that had a slim chance of occurring. Compared to other 'occupations,' you might have less abilities, but you have at least three times more- good omens.”
“What? No way. There’s something like that?”
Suddenly, Tsurugi seemed happy and was gazing at the screen.
“What kind of “occupation” will it-”
The face that was full of anticipation, then became rigid.

Makena: “Yes, isn’t Tsurugi-san’s 'occupation' a 'banchou*****,' not 'big-swordsman?'
“Banchou!? What the heck!? Even though in real life I’m a teacher!? Wait, is this even an occupation!?”
Makena: “Well then, I will provide you with the initial “banchou” equipment.”
Ignoring the panicking Tsurugi, Makena opened a treasure box with a gentle smile.
In “Yamatanooroti SNS,” during the time of admissions, each individual is provided with initial equipment that matches the “occupation,” and 200 gold in funds.
“What kind of equipment....”
Tsurugi confirmed the items given to her, and read.
“Well, since it’s initial equipment it’s like having “no equipment,” but..... Oh, in the right hand a “wooden sword”..... a wooden sword!? The clothing is “biker gang apparel******!?” Initial items are “cigarettes×3,” wait!! The entrance ceremony is in a little bit, but aren’t I putting a little too much spirit!? Even though it’s a “school fantasy of swords and magic!?””
Makena: “So, have a fun school life♪”
“Don’t send off students who look like this with a smile, Makena!! None of this has any intention of creating a fun school life!! I can only imagine characters in a delinquent manga who constantly says things like, “HUH!?” or like, “BIKIBIKI(the sound of blood vessel about to pop)......!!” or like, “~LET’S DO IT!!””
“Our condolences, Nee-san”
While Kagami was laughing at her big sister’s tragedy, she finished her work too.
“I finished too”
“Grr-..... Kagami should become a weird character too”
Almost crying, Tsurugi peered into her little sister’s screen.
Name:Kagami – Race:Elf – Gender:Female – Age:Sixteen
“Oh, you chose “elf.””
“Yes. Even if we act as a group, I think we still need one who can heal- So I picked a 'occupation,' specializing in that area. Also, I’d thought it would be better if I picked 'elf' which is high in intelligence and magic if I'm to be healing, instead of “human” who has lots of health.
“I see. What kind of “occupation” did you pick? Something like a priest, or like a doctor?”
“It’s this”
Kagami pointed at her screen with confidence.
Occupation:Veterinarian
“Veterinarian?”
“My dream is to endlessly sleep peacefully with animals that have adorably fluffy fur. I can get used to being a veterinarian-”
“Well, if there was a veterinarian who wasn’t treating, but sleeping with the animals I would hit them..... or rather, isn’t your role to heal- can veterinarians heal humans?”
“Ah”
Kagami handed the documents to Makena. Whether she recalled that she went to an irreversible step, she widened her eyes.
But closed her eyes soon after, and fell right to sleep on her side.
“Oh yeah, you go to sleep whenever it’s inconvenient for you.....”
Once you pick your “occupation,” at this point you can’t change it. Since her little sister that fell asleep, Tsurugi confirmed Kagami’s accessories that were given to her without permission.
Right hand:Syringe
“Scary!?”
Next to the shocked Tsurugi, Kagami woke up.
“Ah, I’m in possession of “anesthetic×3.” It seems I can use injections of drugs for different uses. Hmm, if we dissolve Nee-san’s “cigarette” in water, the enemy might instantly die because nicotine is poison.”
“Again, it’s kinda scary!!”
“Tama is finished too!”
Tama raised her hand, in between the two having a un-fantasy like conversation.
Name:Tama – Race:Mazoku – Gender:Female – Age:Sixteen
“.....Why did you pick 'Mazoku?'”
“Hmm? Because, Tsurugi-Nee said to make it preferably as the same as 'yourself in reality.'”
“Well, out of 'humans,' 'elves,” and 'mazoku,' we are probably 'mazoku'.”
Kagami nodded as if she concurred.
“What kind of 'occupation' did you pick?”
“Well like, Tama is like, ..... ehehe”
Tama happily pointed to her screen.
Occupation:Patissier*******
“ Patissier!?”
After Tsurugi screamed, she asked Kagami.
“.....What was that again? I understand it vaguely, but what kind of job was it again?”
“I don’t really know it well- umm, a sweets craftsman?”
“You know like, Tama is like, was thinking that if she became a person who makes sweets, she could eat sweet things like chocolates a lot everyday, that’s why a patissier.....ehehe”
These guys are faithful to their desires.
Tsurugi let out a sigh, as if shocked.
“Even though it’s a 'school fantasy of sword and magic'.... we’ve gathered strangely realistic occupations. I have doubts about my 'banchou,' but a veterinarian and a 'patissier'..... the income seems high, though what this group will do is too unknown.”
“Ah, the accessories came in”
Tama is checking the items Makena gave to her.
Right hand: Knife
“Again, it’s kinda scary!!”
“But if I don’t have a knife, I can’t cook?”
“That’s true, but!!”
Next to the sisters who were having a conversation and getting along, Onii-chan was silent.
With a gloomy mood, he kept silent.
“Sensei?”
Kagami noticed, and nestled up behind Onii-chan.
“This has a time limit, so if you don’t hurry up and pick-”
Exactly. A countdown is displayed on the screen, and will end in a few tens of seconds.
But disappointingly, Onii-chan was being indecisive.
Name:Kamiomi - Race:Human – Gender:Male - Age:Sixteen
.He was somehow able to get that far, but he was still lost on what “occupation” to pick.
Well, for Onii-chan, who is always compliant to others, it almost impossible to pick a job, but.....
Onii-chan was moaning and was fully troubled.
“What should I do..... Which should I pick, e-everyone, who should I become? What 'occupation' should I pick.....”
“Shouldn’t you pick the the one you like?”
Tsurugi made a troubled face.
While that was happening, the time ran out, and the screen forcefully changed.
Makena: “.....”
Makena collected the documents, and viewed it with scrutiny.
Then, while sighing she took off her glasses, and gave a scorn gaze.
Makena: “.... It seems like you weren’t able to pick a 'occupation' in the time limit- Can’t you hurry up a mere choice in a game? The you in reality probably can’t pick a thing for yourself, and is a parasite like slowpoke that depend on your parents .....”
“The Onee-san who was gently dealing with us is now abusing me?”
Onii-chan is being treated terribly even characters of games.

Makena: “Oh well, it can’t be helped, so I’ll pick an “occupation” for you..... hehe, this suits someone like you!!”
With a sudden change in her face, she screamed, and pounded letters into the document.
Occupation/Loser(Translated from 負け犬 which is loser dog)
Makena: “All right, have a fun school life, L・O・S・E・R..... Kyahahaha!! You’re probably trying to bury the fact that you live a lonely life with a game, but the net isn’t that simple BAAAKA!! Go into despair, and die by hanging yourself on a suicide site!!”
“Did I do anything to be insulted like that?”
“You’re shameful in games too.....”
Tsurugi gazed from Makena, who was laughing hysterically with her famous voice, and to the appalled Onii-chan, and then deeply sighed.
The future seemed bleak.....






Translator: Katsura
Editor: Carlothan
Co-Editor & QC: Editor-kun

We aren't dead yet. We will finish this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment